Welcome to Carnglaze Caverns and 6.5 acres of beautiful wooded valley. Carnglaze is part of the GTBS scheme and currently holds a Gold Award. We are committed to providing a peaceful environment where wildlife (flora and fauna) is welcomed and respected, and where humans have little impact!
PLEASE help us to fulfill our aims by:
- Using the recycle bins in the walled garden for cans, vending cups, plastic bottles, glass
- Re-cycle your batteries, paper and card at the ticket office
- Use litter bins provided (for non-recyclables!)
- Keep to the footpaths
- Keep dogs on leads
- Please use our special biodegradable doogie poo bags available from the ticket office and please place in the special bin in 1st car park, after which it is composted on site!
- Use gravel pots for cigarette stubs
- Do not pick the flowers
Carnglaze Caverns further information...
All the staff aim to be as friendly and helpful as possible and will be happy to try and answer any questions regarding the wildlife at Carnglaze ~ Reference books are available in the Ticket Office.
The robins are used to humans and some are happy to come up close and personal.
We trust that you will enjoy your time here and feel enriched by the natural world around you!
Thank you for helping us to be Green.
For more details on the wildlife that flourishes at Carnglaze Caverns, which you may see as you explore Carnglaze, please ask at the ticket office if you are not sure of what you have seen.
We regularly post images of the wildlife, floura and forna on our FaceBook page Carnglaze-Caverns and please feel free to add your images.
We also have a board in the refreshments area in the Walled Garden for you to record any of your sightings.