Mad Dog Mcrea
Date: Saturday 11th December 2021
After a sell out concerts in 2018, 2019 and sadly postponed in 2020 due to Covid-19 we are pleased to say Mad Dog Mcrea will return to The Rum Store with their own captivating music performed to give a night to remember
Mad Dog Mcrea blend a unique mixture of folk rock, pop, gypsy jazz, bluegrass and ‘shake your ass’ music. From self-penned songs of adventure, drinking, love and life, to traditional songs of gypsies, fairies, legless pirates and black flies – Mad Dog never fail to capture their audience with their infectious songs. In constant demand and having played just about every festival and two-bit, jibe-arsed dive in Christendom, Mad Dog Mcrea are, in every sense of the word, a live, band.
Matched with the unshakable dedication of their massive and “loyal-to-the-hilt”, fan base – Mad Dog Mcrea are more than just a very popular, festival act – with five albums under their belts, they are serious and acclaimed recording artists too.
The famous purple happy bus is fired up and ready for action, and there’s room for you – jump aboard!
“It’s always a joy to me when something jumps up and smacks you between the eyes – Mad Dog Mcrea did that to me” – Mike Harding
“A sound mixed, mashed and finely honed through years of live gigs” – Rock ‘n Reel Magazine
“This is rowdy, heartfelt, room shaking and spirit-stirring music that only the dead can’t enjoy.” – ltdstate.com
“Musical magicians Mad Dog Mcrea are synonymous not only with a damn good party but also quality musicianship and the odd surprise” – Talk Torbay
Monday to Saturday 10am to 5pm
For your information before coming to The Rum Store:
- As Carnglaze is a Tourist Attraction during the day we close the site to the public at 5pm (8pm August)
- The gates will open I hour before the performance is due to start. Please see your tickets for the performance time.
- Your pre-ordered tickets will arrive by email. Please keep this safe.
- Seating is unreserved so it is a case of first come first served!
- The Rum Store is fully accessible to wheelchair users and people of low mobility. If you need Low Mobility Parking please contact us on 01579 320251 to book spaces as these are limited and must be pre-booked.
- Please remember this IS a cavern and the temperature remains at 10 deg C all year round, so warm clothing and a cushion are recommended.
- We are a rural site so strong shoes and a small torch are also recommended as you may be parking in adjacent field with 5 min flood-lit woodland walk to the main entrance.
- The bar is cash only as we cannot get a Wi-Fi signal inside the Caverns.