Date: Saturday 13th November 2021
The Sounds of Simon – a tribute to Simon and Garfunkel
From Sounds of Silence to The Rhythm of the Saints
As seen on BBC The One Show!
The Sounds of Simon is a tribute to the wonderful music of Paul Simon, through the years as one half of Simon and Garfunkel, to the enduring success of his solo career.
Come on a journey as the full band take you through the early Simon and Garfunkel albums, through the massive success of Bridge Over Troubled Water and on to the Grammy award winning success of Still Crazy After All These Years and Graceland.
Lose yourself to nostalgia as the full band play such classics as Mrs Robinson, The Boxer, The Sounds of Silence and You Can Call Me Al, The Obvious Child, as well as all the others that have established Paul Simon as one of the most successful songwriters of all time.
Paul and Art are played to perfection, bringing in elements of their famously fractious relationship, as well as replicating the beautiful harmonies flawlessly.
How does a young folksinger with dreams of singing rock and roll, go from writing songs of separation and loneliness and singing them with his childhood friend, to writing and producing grammy award winning albums that embrace influences from South Africa and Brazil? This show aims to find out, taking you on a journey across time and continent, sampling some of the finest music along the way.
With video clips, stories, and memories from the last 50+ years, this is a wonderful show filled with excellent music, nostalgia, and a genuine love for some great musicians.
This is the UK’s longest running tribute to Paul Simon. Come and see why!
“Ben is something of an expert on Paul Simon.” – BBC The One Show
“A world class act.” – The Hinckley Times
“The lead singers have excellent diction, wonderfully balanced harmonies and above all a friendly approach to audience contact. What a treat to listen to live sound with perfect volume.” The Melton Times.
“A musical feast for anyone who loves the songs of Paul Simon.” –Chris Lloyd (Talon)
“Our own Simon and Garfunkel.” – Musician Records
“Their harmonies were spot on.” – The Outsider
To buy tickets please phone 01579 320251
Monday to Saturday 10am to 5pm
For your information before coming to The Rum Store:
- As Carnglaze is a Tourist Attraction during the day we close the site to the public at 5pm (8pm August)
- The gates will open I hour before the performance is due to start. Please see your tickets for the performance time.
- Your pre-ordered tickets will arrive by email. Please keep this safe.
- Seating is unreserved so it is a case of first come first served!
- The Rum Store is fully accessible to wheelchair users and people of low mobility. If you need Low Mobility Parking please contact us on 01579 320251 to book spaces as these are limited and must be pre-booked.
- Please remember this IS a cavern and the temperature remains at 10 deg C all year round, so warm clothing and a cushion are recommended.
- We are a rural site so strong shoes and a small torch are also recommended as you may be parking in adjacent field with 5 min flood-lit woodland walk to the main entrance.
- The bar is cash only as we cannot get a Wi-Fi signal inside the Caverns.